Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Day 33 - Going to Sleep When Tired

Do you remember when you had a mandated bedtime?  I remember when it was 8:30, then I remember when the parents finally bumped it up to 9:00.  That was the coolest!  After that the gloves came off and there wasn't a set time, although the parents would occasionally resist the envelope pushing.

Well, now I have kind of a self-set anti-bedtime.  I just can't bring myself to go to bed before 9:00, no matter how tired I am.  9:30 is better, and 10:00 is more the standard.  Jules, on the other hand, falls in for her evening nap around 7:30 or so.  But last night I was REALLY tired, and when I checked the clock it was only 8:15.  Normally I would have told myself not to give in, and to fight it until at least 9:00.  Usually if I can get that far, I can go a little longer as well.  So for my new thing yesterday, I decided to just go to bed when I was tired.

This didn't work out so well.  I woke up at 1:45 am.  Bing!  Wide awake.  No more early nights for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment