Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day 30 - Cardamom (Golden) Raisin Almond Bread

The national weather service had a frost advisory out for parts of Massachusetts last night.  Not actually in my town, where it only went down to 39, but cold nonetheless for mid-September.  Seemed like a good night to try out the recipe for cardamom golden raisin almond bread.  I didn't have any golden raisins, only regular dark raisins, but they worked just fine.

This was in the bread machine, which is a large capacity model, but since Julie's away for the weekend I opted for the smaller version of the recipe.  I have to say, it looked very odd while cooking, as it was only 2/3 the size that the loaf would usually be with the full size recipe.  At first I thought perhaps I had screwed up on the yeast and that it wasn't rising, but then I realized it really was bigger than at first, just not as big as a full recipe.

I have to say, once it was baking and the aroma started escaping the kitchen, I couldn't wait for it to be done!  Spicy, nutty, mmm, good.  I thoroughly enjoyed it with Brummel and Brown.  This morning I had a slice of it toasted.  Equally delish both ways!

Cardamom raisin almond bread

No comments:

Post a Comment