Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 7 - Scarf and T-Shirt

Continuing on from yesterday's first, wherein I purchased five pashmina style scarves, today I wore one to dress up the new Birmingham Botanical Gardens t-shirt I acquired earlier this week.  I chose the beige scarf, as it would match the lettering on the shirt, and spent a bit of the morning trying the scarf in various modes.  I finally went with draped around the back of the neck, then wrapped around the back, with one end wrapped back around the front and hanging down from my left shoulder.  I even broke out the Teva sport sandals rather than wearing the stand-by white Nikes.

I do believe it was a success, as I had several positive comments about it at work today, where I never get comments on my outfits.  Of course, my outfits are usually a polo shirt, shorts and sneakers, so there you go.  People even noticed the sandals.  

I did opt to leave the scarf in the office when I went out for the lunchtime walk at Horn Pond.  Speaking of which, we even varied our route and walked around the main pond rather than staying on the side trails.  Not for the first time, but the first time in quite a while.  

So my foray into fashion had good result.  I always wished I could be one of those people who could pull off a scarf as an accessory rather than just keeping the snow off my neck. Perhaps I'll try it again.   I do have four more scarves to go.
photo.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment