Sunday, August 23, 2009

Day 2 - App, eggs, Bruce

I started off the day by trying the BlogPress app for posting. Okay, I really started with Farmtown and Smiley, but right after that I tried something new. I've been using Shozu, but I figured what better time to explore my options? Glad I did, as I like this one much better.

Poached eggs were the next new thing. I've made them before, but thanks to Julie and Julia I now know that I wasn't doing them quite right. I always used a shallow pan, and the yolk wouldn't be covered. Today they went into a saucepan in water over their heads, and wouldn't you know they were much better!





Finally, we went to see Bruce Springsteen at the Comcast Center in Mansfield. I've never seen him before, and it was a great show. His audience isn't aging - they're all my age. Oh, wait. Yes, we were a middle aged mob pumping our fists and shouting, "Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!". Then everyone went back to their midsize sedans out in the parking lot. Or Mini Cooper, in our case. Oh yeah, born to run.





An unexpected new experience was going to an outdoor concert with a tropical storm waiting in the wings.  We came prepared for bivouac, but lucked out.  The downpours held off until we were on the road home.  We did try some new roads in the Mansfield/Wrentham area when we ended up in the wrong lane and got off the highway for about 20 minutes.  Unfortunately, this was when the downpours were upon us, so that wasn't such a great new thing.  But the rest of the day was fabulous!

-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment